Saturday, July 6, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I am currently sitting in my living room (eating a bowl of popcorn) for the last Saturday I will get to enjoy this little house.  Life in 3 weeks has changed DRASTICALLY!! We have processed through many different options and scenarios of how to accommodate our family doubling in less than 5 months from now...  After much thought, prayer, and debate we have decided to sell our sweet home.  

We are so incredibly thankful to my generous parents that have offered to accept our massive clan under their roof, until we pick up our new rhythm of having 4 kids under the age of 2!   We are thankful for this option for many reasons, we will have WAY more space both inside and out, we will be able to save some money (or use it all for diapers and formula), and one of the big decision makers was the fact that my mom has graciously offered to help with night time feedings which will make a WORLD of difference.  Tigh is going to need to be able to sleep through the night and continue to get up for work at 4:30am to catch the bus into Downtown.  This help she will give will be a LIFESAVER in the first few months of adjusting with our new little ones. 

Although we are so excited for this new adventure it is very bittersweet as this was Tigh and my first home together, and the home that we brought Grayson  to for the very first time.  I  remember the day we closed on it and I couldn't believe it was ours... the people who we bought it from were not even out of the driveway yet and I was already painting the walls.  We have such beautiful memories here together that we will never forget, and I am thankful for those.  





But as I sit here and reflect on our 3 years in this home,  I am reminded that "home" is not this physical building, but where Tigh and Gray are, and where ever we are together Christ is with us and that is "home." So with that truth I am able to find a peace wherever we may go.

On a less serious note, with all that being said it is still my hope that we don't end up like the nursery rhyme of "The Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe"..I'll leave you with the lyrics of that..... It may become my new reality.... ;) 


There was an old woman

Who lived in a shoe.
She had so many children 
She didn’t know what to do.
She gave them some broth
And a big slice of bread,
Kissed them all soundly

And sent them to bed.  





1 comment:

Nick, Krista, Carson and Clay said...

Such an exciting adventure for you guys! We will be praying for all six of you!!