Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Giddy, Gratitude, and Gray-B!

GIDDY- describes the feeling I feel today, as I am 24 WEEKS!!!!! VIABILITY people!!! I would NOT want these girls to arrive now or anytime too soon for that matter but, we have made it to the 24 week mark which is HUGE.  This means that if they were to come now, they have a very good chance of survival outside of the womb with LOTS of medical intervention.  My hope is that I can make it at least another 6 weeks and then another 4.  Why not just say 10 weeks, well because in my head it sounds better me thinking 6 is what I have left, then a final 4 countdown! :) Taking it in stride! When we first learned that we were having Triplets NEVER in a million years did I think I would make it this far.  THANK YOU JESUS, for your provision each and every second of the way for me, and these girls. So here we are at 24 weeks.... 



GRATITUDE- describes the other other overwhelming feeling I have had recently.  This past weekend 11 AMAZING women hosted the most beautiful shower for us.  I am BLOWN away, in utter shock of the people around us who love us and have graciously given far more to us then I could have ever asked for.  I will be real honest here, when you plan for 1 child you should be financially prepared, we were prepared for 1 child.  When you learn you are having 3, and you are not sure how you are financially going to provide for their needs there is a shock factor involved and a lot of stress (just ask my husband).   Well we are still a little scared financially as we really don't know what this will cost us once they are here, but this weekend BLESSED us beyond belief! There are no words really to describe the gratitude and thanks that Tigh and I feel to each and everyone of you who have helped support us along the way.  And I am not just talking financially here, I am talking with your encouragement, steadfast love, and prayers.  ALL of it just blows us away and we are beyond thankful.  I have NO idea how I will EVER be able to pay if forward like all of you have done for us. All we can say is THANK YOU and hope that you truly truly know that we mean it with every ounce of our being.  Here are some pictures of the beautiful weekend celebrating these three baby girls... (there are more pics of the shower but I don't have them yet, I will post more when I get them.)
Beautiful food table


Gorgeous Fall Centerpieces

A fruit carriage with 3 orange babies!!!! ahahahah 

The "kid" hostesses 

The "adult" hostesses :) 


And save the best for last-- GRAY-B! Oh my little love is growing up so fast during this time.  He is just an absolute joy (on most occassions :)  He had a BIG week this week as he got a pillow in his crib.  He LOVES it and thinks it's a really big deal.  He has also been so patient as we try to get the "orphanage" put together-- that is right I called it an orphanage.... the girls room does not look like a nursery, it is more along the lines of "orphanage style."  Hopefully once more color is added it will make it a little more homey.  We talk a LOT about his "sissies" and he has been enjoying reading books about becoming a BIG brother, although we have to change all the words to make everything plural..."My sisters are coming home."  "I am going to have babies in the house..." you get the point......We have had some GORGEOUS weather so we have been trying to be outside as much as possible and for as long as I can sit in a hard chair before I need to lay back down.  And of course he and I continue to spend a lot of time cuddling, watching toons and just enjoying every little minute that we have together.  Here he is living the dream.......

Just chillin with mom. 

Getting some sunshine and playing in a rusty photo prop.

Loving his new pillow


No comments: